- This event has passed.
April 16 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
You are invited to a public dialogue that will be lived streamed on Facebook. Heather Hansen and Andrew Saunderson, social workers, will provide insights and resources to help you better understand advance care planning.
COVID-19 has reminded us, our friends and families of the need to plan and prepare ahead of time for unexpected events. Planning in advance for health, known as advance care planning, is for all adults regardless of age or health. This lifelong process helps ensure we receive the care that’s right for us and our unique circumstances and it encourages us to:
- Think about what is important and what matters to us, our personal values, beliefs, wishes, and preferences;
- Learn about our current health, what it may look like in the future;
- Decide on a potential substitute decision maker if you are unable to make our own health care decisions;
- Talk to the people who are important to us about what we’ve thought, learned and decided;
- Record our thoughts and conversations in a letter, poem, video or audio recording, storytelling or legal document.