Welcome to the Patient Voices Network group!
The purpose of these guidelines is to accommodate the broadest range of self-expression while ensuring that all members in the group are respected and able to interact safely and enjoyably online. We’re committed to the rules and hope that you are, too. Failing to respect them may result in deleted content and expulsion from the group.
Please note that posts by members of the Facebook group may not reflect views held by PVN, and that all posts can be viewed by the members.
- The groups are closed. Entry must be authorized by one of the moderators and, once in, members must manage their own personal security settings on their own personal accounts.
- Only share photos and videos that you’ve taken or have the right to share. If a photo or video features other people, make sure that you have their permission to share it. (Learn more about the copyright rules in Canada.)
- Posts asking for feedback, opinions or raising questions, as well as posts about accomplishments, advocacy or relevant work done outside of PVN, are okay, but please ensure that they relate to health care.
- Comments on political developments should be appropriate, respectful and relevant to the health care system in British Columbia.
- Repetitive posts or posts with false information, medical advice, advertising, fundraising or any kind of offensive content will be deleted.
- All information posted on the group must be evidence-based and clearly show the sources.
- We want to foster a positive community where everyone feels welcome. That is why all posts and conversations must be respectful and tolerant of diversity in personal experiences, ethnicities, sexual orientation, religious and political opinions. Members who fail to respect this guideline will be immediately expelled from the group.
- If you would like to make a complaint regarding the quality of a health care service you received, please contact the Patient Care Quality Office within the appropriate health authority. Posts of this nature in our group may be deleted.
- Please respect the privacy of PVN Patient and Health Care Partners as well as the confidentiality of any information you receive through engagement opportunities.
Help us take care of our PVN Patient and Health Care Partners Facebook Group
If you see something that you think violates these guidelines, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll analyze the post as soon as possible and take the necessary measures. You may also find content on the groups that you do not agree with but does not violate our Community Guidelines; In this case, you can unfollow or block the member who posted it, so you won’t see their comments anymore.
Thank you for your support and please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to make our PVN community even better!
Patient Voices Network