Categories: News & Events
Hosted by the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council, which administers the Patient Voices Network, the Quality Forum is an annual conference that brings together British Columbia’s health care community to share and discuss how to improve quality across the continuum of care.
This year’s Quality Forum features more opportunities than ever before to watch sessions live online, ask speakers questions and interact with other participants through interactive chats. No registration is required – just go to BCPSQC.ca when the session you want to watch is set to begin.
Tuesday, May 31
Health Talks & Quality Awards Ceremony | 1900 – 2100
Health Talks is an annual evening event at the Quality Forum, where eight speakers will take to the podium to share their hopes for health care using the PechaKucha 20×20 format – showing 20 photos for 20 seconds each. It’s sure to be creative, inspiring and full of new perspectives. Want to see what’s in store? Watch videos from Health Talks 2021.
The event starts with a ceremony to recognize the winners of the Council’s BC Quality Awards, which celebrate the people and projects making health care better.
Wednesday, June 1
Territorial Welcome | 0800 – 0930
The theme this year is Healing Together, Emerging Stronger. To honour the challenges our health care system has been through over the past few years, the Quality Forum opening on June 1 will feature stories from across the province about pandemic response.
Plenary Presentation | Jason Leitch | 0945 – 1045
Breakout Session A | 1100 – 1200
- A6: More Than Pots & Pans: Supporting Staff & Provider Wellness
- A8: Keeping Quality at the Forefront in Long-Term Care
Quips, Quandaries & Comebacks: A Quality Debate | 1300 – 1345
Breakout Session B | 1400 – 1500
- B4: Decolonizing Health Care & Improving Quality with Indigenous Teachings
- B5: Leveraging Technology to Improve Patient & Family Experience
Breakout Session C | 1530 – 1630
- C5: Using Patient Outcome Data to Drive Improvement
- C6: Advancing Improvements in Primary Care
Thursday, June 2
Plenary Presentation | Courtney Howard | 0800 – 0900
Breakout Session D | 0915 – 1015
- D4: Increasing Compassion, Decreasing Barriers for Pregnant or Parenting People
- D5: Building Relationships to Improve Care for Indigenous Patients & Communities
Breakout Session E | 1045 – 1145
- E5: Let’s Get Digital! Changing the Game in Health Information Management
- E6: Lessons from the Field: Navigating the Impacts of Climate Change on Health Service Delivery
Breakout Session F | 1245 – 1345
- F5: Caring for the Whole Person: Establishing Healthy Habits & Community Support
- F6: Rebooting Our Health System: Virtual Care Solutions in Action
Breakout Session G | 1415 – 1515
- G4: Rising to the Challenge: Innovations in Training & Education
- G6: Delivering High-Quality Mental Health Services in Rural & Remote Communities
Plenary Presentation | Chief Shawn “Ah up wa eek” & Heather “Ya’ak chumat axa” Atleo | 1530 – 1630
Author: Elly Wallace, Program Assistant, Communications, BC Patient Safety & Quality Council