Posted • Last updated
Hello, patient partners!
We’ve got an exciting opportunity to share with you: there are openings available for patient partner representatives from the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley to join our Oversight & Advisory Committee!
About the Oversight & Advisory Committee
The Patient Voices Network is guided by an Oversight & Advisory Committee which includes members from health authorities, health care organizations, the Ministry of Health, and BC Patient Safety & Quality Council (the Council), as well as an equal number of patient partner representatives from across the province.
The Committee was created to co-design, guide and support the activities of PVN. It provides guidance and recommendations to the Council in leading PVN and ensures the patient voice is included in the planning of PVN’s strategic directions and activities.
The Committee includes patient partner members who are diverse in age and cultural background, and representative of all regions in the province. We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a passion for patient and public engagement;
- Are seeking leadership opportunities to assist in guiding and supporting PVN;
- Have some experience in patient and public engagement with PVN;
- Have regular access to email and are comfortable with WebEx and teleconferences; and
- Are comfortable participating in discussions with high-level health professionals.
Meeting times will be every two months for 90 minutes via teleconference, and 1-2 times a year with full-day in-person meetings in Vancouver. Meetings take place Monday – Friday between 9:00-5:00pm.
We’re looking forward to adding the new members to the Committee! Find out more about the opportunities and express your interest by November 9: